2017-18 Land Trust Plan
Carry-Over from 2016-2017: $10,980
Distribution for 2017-2018: $76,325
Total Available Funds for 2017-2018: $87,305
Goal: Monte Vista Elementary will increase student academic achievement by 4% in English Language Arts by the end of the 2017-18 school year.
Measurement of Student Growth and Progress:
Student growth and progress will be measured using ELA benchmark and unit tests, Guided Reading Levels, DIBELS, Fontas & Pinnell, and SAGE. English Language Arts baseline is 44% based on most recent SAGE results. End of Year DIBELS and GRLs will also be used as baseline data to measure growth throughout the 2017-18 school year.
· All students will receive effective Tier 1 Core instruction from their classroom teacher.
· Students who do not show adequate growth and/or who are identified as below grade level on reading and writing formative and summative assessments will receive Tier 2 intervention support from their classroom teacher and from instructional assistants trained in research based intervention programs, as well as My Sidewalks reading intervention program. Salaries for these instructional assistants will be paid for with Land Trust money.
· A four-day rotation block will be built into the master schedule to facilitate Tier 2 intervention and weekly PLC meetings for teachers.
· Teachers will meet in grade level PLC meetings and data analysis meetings once weekly and provide Tier 2 intervention three times weekly during the four-day rotation block.
· Three instructional assistants will assist with PE instruction during the rotation block, allowing teachers to provide individual/small group intervention and enrichment instruction in grades K-6. A BTS Teacher will be hired to teach Fine Arts during the rotation block in order to provide a weekly period for all teachers to attend their grade level PLC and data analysis meetings. The salaries for the instructional assistants and Fine Arts teacher will be paid for with Land Trust money.
2016-17 Land Trust Summary Report:
Carry-Over from 2015-2016: $13,029
Distribution for 2016-2017: $52,316
Total Available Funds for 2016-2017: $63,345
School Land Trust money was spent to improve student academic performance in ELA. Both summative and formative data was used throughout the year to assess individual student growth and progress. Students who did not show adequate growth and/or who were identified as below grade level on these assessments received Tier 2 intervention support from their classroom teacher and/or trained instructional assistants. Tier 2 instruction and intervention took place during PE, library, and technology rotations, allowing the teacher to meet with small groups or individual students. The rotation block was built into our master schedule to accommodate Tier 2 instruction and weekly PLC meetings for teachers, and was made possible by hiring a .5 PE teacher. The salaries for the PE teacher and four instructional assistants were paid for with Land Trust money.