Mission: Ensuring academic and social success by connecting with every child, every day.
Monte Vista Elementary is a positive community dedicated to improving quality of life through education by empowering students to be self-directed leaders and proactive citizens.
- We believe in a GROWTH MINDSET in which all students can learn when provided appropriate time, instruction, and resources.
- We believe critical thinking and problem solving are necessary skills for students to learn in order to become confident, productive, and resourceful members of society.
- We believe education is a shared responsibility and partnership among students, family, school, and the community.
- We believe a safe environment that promotes positive relationships and mutual respect among students and staff is fundamental to teaching and learning.
- We believe high expectations and a commitment to continuous growth and progress is essential to our students’ success.
When checking out a student at Monte Vista Elementary your ID is required.
When visiting Monte Vista Elementary, please remember to always check in at the office. A Visitor/Volunteer sticker will be given to visit or volunteer in our school.
The Board of Education has voted to move Monte Vista Elementary to a traditional calendar beginning with the 2017-18 school year. The tentative Jordan School District calendar indicates that traditional school will begin for elementary students on August 22, 2017. Please feel free to contact the school if you have any questions.
Parent Teacher Conferences for A&B Tracks February 22nd & 23rd and C&D Tracks March 22nd & 23rd
We look forward to seeing you at conferences! Communication between home and school is critical in providing the best education possible for our students. We appreciate your insights regarding your child’s education and input about the school year. As a parent, you provide valuable information for your child’s classroom teacher, so he/she is better able to address your child’s needs. Our teachers truly appreciate the support and partnership in the education of your child.
During your conference, your child and his/her teacher will be sharing information about curriculum, your child’s achievement, work habits, and peer relationships. Please feel free to write down any questions that you may have prior to the conference. While conferences are scheduled in 15-minute intervals, please let the teacher know if you need additional time and want to arrange a follow up meeting.
Also, we encourage you to take advantage of the Scholastic Book Fair sponsored by the PTA. There will be a wonderful selection of books to choose from and to help encourage positive reading habits in your child.