Chinese Immersion Program Enrollment
Dear Kindergarten Parents,
We wanted to remind you of our Parent Night scheduled for Tuesday, January 22, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. The original letter that was sent out said Thursday; however, that was incorrect and the parent meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, January 22nd.
This meeting is a great time to learn about the program and applications will be available that night. The process for enrollment in the immersion program is as follows:
- Those families residing in our boundaries will have the opportunity to fill the program first. The date to turn in applications will be starting on Monday, January 7th, through Friday, February 22nd, 2019. The applications will be put in a lottery to fill the available spaces. If we have more applications than spaces available, a waiting list will be formed. Applications are available online at: https://immersion.jordandistrict.org/
- If the program does not fill, families who live outside the boundary of Monte Vista but reside in Jordan School District, will be put in a lottery to fill the available spaces.
- If there is still space available anyone living outside the boundary of Jordan School District will be put in a lottery system.
Thank you for considering immersion for your future first grader. We are looking forward to seeing you at the meeting.
Kindergarten Registration for 2019-2020 School Year
It is important that we obtain an accurate list of all children qualifying for kindergarten at Monte Vista Elementary for the 2019-2020 school year. If you have a child that will be five years of age ON or BEFORE September 1, 2019, the child qualifies for next year's kindergarten program. State law requires that all school districts in Utah abide by the same September 1st entrance cut-off date.
If you know of a neighbor that has a qualifying kindergarten child, please share this information with them and ask them to contact the school and register their kindergarten child.
To register your kindergarten child, please come in to Monte Vista.
Meet our new Principal
Dear Parents and Guardians,
It is with great excitement that I write this letter of introduction to you as the newly appointed Principal of Monte Vista Elementary. I am honored to have the opportunity to lead a school with such a rich tradition of education excellence! As a mother of three, and a grandmother to seven, I recognize the importance of a strong home-school connection. Parents are the first teachers we have and I believe that by working together, we can ensure every child’s academic, social and emotional needs are being met.
I have worked in Jordan School District for fourteen years in a variety of roles teaching 5th, 4th and 3rd grade at Sunrise, Hayden Peak and Rose Creek Elementaries respectively. For the past three years I was the BYU Facilitator at Rose Creek Elementary. As Facilitator, I had the privilege of mentoring and working with new teachers.
I truly believe that great schools are the result of great teaching. We have some of the best teachers here at Monte Vista, as you well know. Together we are dedicated to helping all students learn at high levels and develop their leadership skills in order for students to be successful in life.
Once again, I am so thankful to have the opportunity to work with this amazing community. I am looking forward to getting to know you and your children. Our school mission statement sums it up best, “Ensuring academic and social success by connecting with every child, every day.”
All the best,
Winter Break will start on Monday, December 24, 2018 and school will resume on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
Monte Vista's Administration, Faculty and Staff would like to wish you and your family a safe and joyous winter break!
Zions Bank Lights On Event
Mrs. Culverwell’s 3rd grade class recently volunteered their time to decorate the Christmas tree at Zion’s Bank in South Jordan. We appreciate opportunities for our students to be involved in their community and to serve others. The students’ hand-made ornaments look beautiful on the tree! In recognition of their hard work, Zions Bank provided refreshments for our students and a $100 donation to our school. Thank you to Zions Bank for their generosity and support!
P.E. Assistant Position
If you're interested in working with amazing students and a wonderful faculty and staff, then Monte Vista is the place for you. We have an opening for a P.E. Assistant position. If you're interested in applying for this 17 hour a week position, please go to workatjordan.org/apply/
When you apply for the position, it will be listed as Classroom Assistant I.
Jordan District Calendar Survey and ALPS Deadline
2019-2020 Jordan School District Permit Application Process
Jordan School District has contracted with PowerSchool to allow families to apply for open enrollment permits online this year. There will be no paper or in-person applications available.
- The first window to apply for permits will be from December 3-31.
- Permits will be approved based on the Board priorities listed at boundary.jordandistrict.orgOpens in a new window, not on a first-come first-served basis.
- Any permit requests submitted at any time during the month of December will be given equal consideration according to Board priorities.
- A link to the permit application will be emailed to each family through Skyward on the morning of Monday, December 3. It will also be posted on the District's website.
- Families will be notified of the status of their permit request during the first week of January, 2019.
- If you have been notified by the school that your permit was revoked, you must reapply to be considered for a permit for next year.
- Students who were notified that their permit was not revoked or who are enrolled in ALPS, Dual Language Immersion, or special education programs do not need to apply for a permit.
If you have any questions regarding the permit process, visit boundary.jordandistrict.orgOpens in a new window or call Planning and Student Services at 801-567-8183. Questions about individual students should be directed to the school.