Dear Kindergarten Parents,
The process for enrollment in the immersion program is as follows:
- Those families residing in our boundaries will have the opportunity to fill the program first. The date to turn in applications will be starting on Monday, January 6th, through Friday, February 21st, 2020. The applications will be put in a lottery to fill the available spaces. If we have more applications than spaces available, a waiting list will be formed. Applications are available online at: https://immersion.jordandistrict.org/
- If the program does not fill, families who live outside the boundary of Monte Vista but reside in Jordan School District, will be put in a lottery to fill the available spaces.
- If there is still space available anyone living outside the boundary of Jordan School District will be put in a lottery system.
Thank you for considering immersion for your future first grader. We are looking forward to seeing you at the meeting.
Jordan School District has contracted with PowerSchool to allow families to apply for open enrollment permits online this year. There will be no paper or in-person applications available.
- The first window to apply for permits will be from December 2-31.
- Permits will be approved based on the Board priorities listed at boundary.jordandistrict.orgOpens in a new window, not on a first-come first-served basis.
- Any permit requests submitted at any time during the month of December will be given equal consideration according to Board priorities.
- A link to the permit application will be emailed to each family through Skyward on the morning of Monday, December 3. It will also be posted on the District's website.
- Families will be notified of the status of their permit request during the first week of January, 2020.
- If you have been notified by the school that your permit was revoked, you must reapply to be considered for a permit for next year.
- Students who were notified that their permit was not revoked or who are enrolled in ALPS, Dual Language Immersion, or special education programs do not need to apply for a permit.
If you have any questions regarding the permit process, visit boundary.jordandistrict.orgOpens in a new window or call Planning and Student Services at 801-567-8183. Questions about individual students should be directed to the school.
As you may be aware, boundary changes are being proposed for most schools in Jordan School District. Updated boundary option maps and a link to a survey can now be found at http://boundary.jordandistrict.org or the District home page. We encourage you to study the maps and to complete the survey so that your feedback can be heard.
Please visit http://boundary.jordandistrict.org for updates. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts.