Advantages of the program
Dual immersion students experience a range of benefits from the program:
- Mastery of a second language. Students will be prepared to take the AP Chinese test in 9th grade and college level Chinese classes in high school. They can be very close to earning a college minor by the time they graduate high school.
- Greater levels of metalinguistic awareness, which improves reading comprehension and communication.
- Successful academic achievement. Students perform as well as or better on standardized tests in English than their non-immersion peers.
- Enhanced performance on tasks that require executive function and self-regulation skills. These students typically have better attention control, memory and problem-solving skills.
- Tolerance and appreciation for other cultures.
- Strong relationships with peers who also complete the program.
- Superior employment opportunities in this increasingly globalized world.